How You Say it Makes All the Difference
The short video below shows the incredible power of words. How you say something can make as much difference as what you say. Often you can gradually get someone to come around to your point of view by being creative in how you present your message. Politicians were the first to call it “spin”. The funny thing is most politicians aren’t very good at it.
The ability to communicate effectively is one of the most important business skills you can have. Real estate, is a people business. Yes you need to know the numbers but you can’t do a deal without dealing with people; sellers, buyers, agents, lenders etc. Most real estate deals are made not found. They are negotiated. The multiple list service doesn’t have check boxes for positive cash flow, owner financing, or no money down.
Five Keys to Communicating Effectively
- Think about how to say it. The most natural sales people spend a LOT of time thinking about and rehearsing what they say. That is exactly why they sound natural.
- Study sales, read some books or take some courses on selling.
- Using fewer words is usually better than more words
- Talk in terms of benefits for the other person. Use the words you, your, and yours; more than I, me, or mine
- Read the quotes on my blog. You’ll learn how some of the greatest minds get their point across.
One Minute and 45 Seconds on the Power of Words
A beautiful and powerful message. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment or share it via your favorite social network.