I encourage you to comment on my posts. If you agree, disagree, want to correct me, or ask a question, I welcome your comments. You can leave comments by clicking the title of a post or the word comments at the beginning or end of a post.
To encourage comments I use Comment Luv which gives you a link back to your latest blog post. I also use Lucias Linky Love which removes the “no follow ” attribute to links of regular commenters. This makes your links more valuable in the eyes of Google. I use Akismet to discourage spam.
By leaving a comment you are agreeing to following terms.
You agree to grant a non-revocable assignable license for the use of your comment, name and web link to Crab Properties, LLC to publish or use for any legal means. Examples of how we might use this would be to promote our website, a particular post or a product we offer that you have commented about.
You also agree that Crab Properties, LLC has the right to:
- Edit or moderate your comment
- To publish or not to publish you comment
- To add, or allow the software to add, the no follow attribute to any link
- To label, or allow the software to label, the comment as spam
Web hosts are continually fighting spam. If your only reason for commenting was to get a link back to your site you risk being labeled as a spammer.
Tips to avoid moderation and being labeled as a spammer:
- Keep your comment on topic
- Avoid profanity or personal attacks
- Avoid blatant spam or self promotion
- Avoid excessive links, this is a sign of spam
- Avoid links to bad neighborhoods or spam sites
- Avoid short “me too” or “great post” type comments
- Using keywords in the name field (this may be acceptable IF you sign your real name to the comment)
Spammers often use short generic comments like “like great post, I love your blog” simply to get a link back to their site. If you leave a similar comment you risk it not being published or labeled as spam in the Akismet database.
This policy is copyright Crab Properties, LLC. You are free to copy this policy and use it on your own blog if you link back to: http://BaltimoreRealEstateInvestingBlog.com/